Forum Style

Confused with my meds..

Hello everyone!!!

i am new here and glad to bump into this site. I am 9 months post tx (kidney) got it from cuz (glory to God). I am just confused of my medicine. during my visit with my doc 2 mos kt that time she changed my medicine from myfortic into mycept. In my next follow up she gave me Rx with myfortic in it and i told her that she changed it into mycept, she didnt remember and asked me is she really did i said yes she replied oh okay. i was confused and afraid coz seemed she wasnt sure about it. Just glad in my 9 mos my labs are okay and zero infection yet (never wishing to have one of course :( hehe ). I am respectfully asking is anyone using or familiar with mycept here? hope you can share and i'll be blessed for sure, thank you in advance.

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mycept is MMF (Mycophenbolate Mofetil) and Myfortic is MPA(Mycophenoalate Sodium). Both are brand names. 

Myfortic, they say, is better for GI because of its delayed release action. 

360mg of Myfortic ~= 500mg of Mycept

• yeah youre right thats my dosage 500mg 2x a day now.. thank you :)

• Hi glad to hear that, mycept  costs around 64 php PWD discounted price, my co-kts are doubting in mycept and most of them use myfortic. thank you kidneyboy :)

• Good on you for keeping up with EXACTLY what the Doc said.  Kind of scarry the Doc doesn't remember, as they should have detailed notes & records.  

I've had no issues with generic of either Prograf or MMF (Mycophenbolate Mofetil).  

• thank you sir :) i feel great reading your reply :)

• I believe Mycophenolate Mofetil (Mycept) is manufactured in Baddi, India by Panacea Biotech L.L.C. and is the brand name as opposed to Myfortic, which is the generic.   I have taken both without issue for many years.  I would think the Mycept would be more expensive.  I do not know why the doctor switched you to it.  Perhaps you should ask her.

Mycept - Panacea Biotech 

http://www.panacea-biotec.com/product-pdf/Mycept.pdf
This reply was deleted.

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Thank You

Each month, it costs $60.00 to operate TransplantFriends.com We greatly appreciate your support.

Facebook & instagram

Planetary Biosciences for Cystic Fibrosis

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need of a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Latest Activity

Steve Pearson replied to Steve Pearson's discussion Transition from Prograf to Sirolimus
3 hours ago
Thomas Linstead and Willie Potgieter are now friends
15 hours ago
Willie Potgieter left a comment for allison zwick
15 hours ago
Willie Potgieter left a comment for LouisaMeyer
15 hours ago
Willie Potgieter left a comment for Thomas Linstead
15 hours ago
Olga, Ahmed and allison zwick joined TransplantFriends.com
15 hours ago
Kidneyboy and Ann Marie Cerrone are now friends
15 hours ago
Kidneyboy commented on Ann Marie Cerrone's blog post eating.
15 hours ago
More…

Lung Transplant Foundation

Contact Us