Forum Style

Confused with my meds..

Hello everyone!!!

i am new here and glad to bump into this site. I am 9 months post tx (kidney) got it from cuz (glory to God). I am just confused of my medicine. during my visit with my doc 2 mos kt that time she changed my medicine from myfortic into mycept. In my next follow up she gave me Rx with myfortic in it and i told her that she changed it into mycept, she didnt remember and asked me is she really did i said yes she replied oh okay. i was confused and afraid coz seemed she wasnt sure about it. Just glad in my 9 mos my labs are okay and zero infection yet (never wishing to have one of course :( hehe ). I am respectfully asking is anyone using or familiar with mycept here? hope you can share and i'll be blessed for sure, thank you in advance.

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mycept is MMF (Mycophenbolate Mofetil) and Myfortic is MPA(Mycophenoalate Sodium). Both are brand names. 

Myfortic, they say, is better for GI because of its delayed release action. 

360mg of Myfortic ~= 500mg of Mycept

• Hi glad to hear that, mycept  costs around 64 php PWD discounted price, my co-kts are doubting in mycept and most of them use myfortic. thank you kidneyboy :)

• Good on you for keeping up with EXACTLY what the Doc said.  Kind of scarry the Doc doesn't remember, as they should have detailed notes & records.  

I've had no issues with generic of either Prograf or MMF (Mycophenbolate Mofetil).  

• I believe Mycophenolate Mofetil (Mycept) is manufactured in Baddi, India by Panacea Biotech L.L.C. and is the brand name as opposed to Myfortic, which is the generic.   I have taken both without issue for many years.  I would think the Mycept would be more expensive.  I do not know why the doctor switched you to it.  Perhaps you should ask her.

Mycept - Panacea Biotech 

http://www.panacea-biotec.com/product-pdf/Mycept.pdf
This reply was deleted.

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Facebook & instagram

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need for a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Latest Activity

Neal Tailor replied to Sami Hill's discussion Working out and Turning 21
2 hours ago
Neal Tailor replied to Guillaume G's discussion Discomfort, gas and tingle - Kidney transplant
2 hours ago
Pablojw posted a blog post
3 hours ago
Sami Hill posted a discussion
4 hours ago
Working out and Turning 21 via Kidney-Pancreas - Forum Style - TransplantFriends.com
4 hours ago
David left a comment for Jenny Vallot
4 hours ago
Jenny Vallot is now a member of TransplantFriends.com
4 hours ago
More…

Lung Transplant Foundation

Contact Us