Forum Style

Experiences with face fillers etc

I imagine this is to the ladies and don't be mean, please.  I went through Interferon for a year, horrible problems after the transplant causing me to need massive drugs for weeks, a rejection (physician error....Grrrr) needing 30 more days of massive drugs and my face and hair show it.  I said all that to remove some judgement. It aged me too much and I would like to fix some of it, if it is safe. Anyone had Voluminous, Sculptra, microneeddling, etc.  I had one peel done and it went perfectly. My doctor said ok to one of them...not sure which but I am aware guys, that our immune system is down so any cut or abrasion must be watched all the more.  I only want experiences though, not a slap on the wrist please?  Would be nice to have my old face back, ya know?

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My husband had aged and more so because he lost a lot of weight. We are so great full that he is alive after what he went through that this do not matter to us. But as a women I can think that it will matter to you. 

• Hi Barb

I would keep your face out of the sun.  How you feel on the inside is projected greatly on the outside!

no I never had nor will I have any work done. I believe facial exercises work wonders.

• I totally agree!  Can't wait to hear some answers and suggestions.  I am so happy with my transplant, but in 3 years I have aged at least 10.

• Thanks so much for not blasting me and thank you Bettylou for understanding my feelings. Profile pictures embarrass me as I had perfectly tight and flawless skin all my life. Yes I am older but I would like my ten extra years I see, off my face. I don't want to be flawless, just reasonable.
This reply was deleted.

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

If you would like your stories posted on this page please email transplantbuddies@gmail.com

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Thank You

Each month, it costs $60.00 to operate TransplantFriends.com We greatly appreciate your support.

Facebook & instagram

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need of a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Latest Activity

Sardines replied to Wayne L's discussion Osteoporosis
14 minutes ago
Angela is now a member of TransplantFriends.com
21 minutes ago
victoriakeating is now a member of TransplantFriends.com
11 hours ago
DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post
15 hours ago
victoriakeating liked Mishel's discussion Thyroid issues
16 hours ago
Willie Potgieter replied to Katie Michelle's discussion What percentage of transplant recipients have jobs?
yesterday
More…

Lung Transplant Foundation

Contact Us