Forum Style

Fever

Hello Everyone,I am 1 yr post tx. I have recently been feeling unwell . Lots of fatique , tiredness and bodyache. Also feeling feverish and body chills. I am taking paracetamol for it . It does gets better with it but once the effect wears off , I start getting the same symptoms again. I called my consultant secretary but all they said was to go to gp or A&E . Is it something to worry about ? Has anyone else gone through same symptoms? Im very tensed .Thanks,Anu

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Anu,

Contact your TX team or Nephrologist immediately.  It may be just the flu, as you believe, but why risk your Tx with general GPs, who are not usually prepared to treat someone, who has one.  At the very least, you will not wait for hours with others, who are not well.  As recipients, our ability to fight viruses is reduced and special needs/care must be attended to.  I do hope you improve soon.

• I had similar situation for 2-3 weeks two years ago while white blood cell counts were very low. I checked in ER and admitted to hospital for 8 days.
    • Hi ,

I checked with my general practitioner today evening, they said it looks like I have got flu . If it continues, they asked me to go to Emergency department to get my blood test done . In hospitals here, it takes 4 hours just to be seen by a doctor which is quite stressful and on top its going to be weekend. I am hoping it settles quickly.
      Thanks for your reply
  • Hi Anu, I would recommend to inform your nephrologist/transplant team and go for blood work to test for bacterial or viral infection if the fever is even little above 100. I would not wait a day and do to asap.

• Hi ,

I checked with my general practitioner today evening, they said it looks like I have got flu . If it continues, they asked me to go to Emergency department to get my blood test done . In hospitals here, it takes 4 hours just to be seen by a doctor which is quite stressful and on top its going to be weekend. I am hoping it settles quickly.
      Thanks for your reply
This reply was deleted.

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Facebook & instagram

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need for a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Lung Transplant Foundation

Contact Us