Forum Style

Replies

• I don't think having a transplant makes it any easier for germs to get into cuts.  Just that the immunosuppresents make it harder to fight once they do. 

• We are more susceptible to infections because our immune system is compromised.  I have been very lucky, but I have had few problems in that area.  I do wash my hands, use hand sanitizer, and try very hard not to be around sick people.  When I work with my hands, I use gloves to protect from cuts and broken skin.  I keep our cats' claws trimmed so that when I play with them, I have less of a chance of keeping scratched.  So far that has done well for me.  I am almost 10 years post liver transplant.

• hi kathy i did post you before seems post is in the ether somewhere..same as davids reply.we are more susseptable to germs etc.a little cut one mt finger took nearly 2wks to heal.prior to liver tx it was a few days.the taco is yhe culprit.we have to have it as you know to stop rejection.your not alone. god bless                                                                                                                                                                         bill

• hey Kathy ,   yes to your question ,   take stock out in the following companies ,  Bandaid ,  some type of triple anti-biotic ointment   and   purell hand sanitizor   ..  our immo suppresents  will keep our immune systems  lower  for the rest of our tine on this green earth

This reply was deleted.

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

If you would like your stories posted on this page please email transplantbuddies@gmail.com

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Thank You

Each month, it costs $60.00 to operate TransplantFriends.com We greatly appreciate your support.

Facebook & instagram

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need of a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Latest Activity

Willie Potgieter replied to Katie Michelle's discussion What percentage of transplant recipients have jobs?
2 hours ago
DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post
10 hours ago
Binod Kumar is now friends with Aarushi and Praveen S
16 hours ago
Sami Hill updated their profile photo
20 hours ago
Sami Hill updated their profile photo
20 hours ago
More…

Lung Transplant Foundation

Contact Us