Forum Style

I had my double lung transplant almost 4 months ago.  Today, two people told me that my eyes have become a dark blue.  They have always been a light hazel color.  I came home and looked in the mirror and they have turned to a deeper blue.  My husband said he noticed it a few days ago but didn't say anything because he thought it was what I was wearing (a blue sweater).  But I was wearing grey today and they still looked like a darker blue.  So my question is, has anyone else had their eyes change color after their transplant?

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've transplant about bone marrow txs where the person had all kinds of changes. Allergies went away etc. that is kind of cool.
  • I had a liver transplant 10 years ago. After the first year my husband noticed my eyes had changed color. They were dark brown and changed to green. When I mentioned it to my doctor he acted like I was crazy! I never mentioned it again. It's a relief to know it's happened to someone else. My eyes are still green!
    • No eye color change. But after my new female liver I simply MUST touch and feel clothes when I accompany my wife at a mall. AND I now have no trouble asking for directions. LOL!
  • Very cool! I have heard that your eyes can change color but not related to transplant. There is always a first! How are you

feeling?

• I have had a head cold for two weeks and was on antibiotics for 5 days, but I am feeling good.  I have just starting doing things and enjoying getting back into a somewhat normal life.  It has taken me a while  to get my strength back after a couple of bumps along the way.  So I am enjoying life until the next bump comes along.  Or at least that is the way I am thinking.

• I hope you feel better Brenda

YES eye color changes when you have an infection. They did for me many years ago. I am sure they will return to your normal color after you are over  your cold. I love this kind of stuff! The body is always sending us messages.

This reply was deleted.

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Facebook & instagram

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need for a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Latest Activity

chris havey and marty wiggins are now friends
1 hour ago
Ellen Ferguson, Pamela Brown, Ajay Patil and 3 more joined TransplantFriends.com
2 hours ago
God is good replied to God is good's discussion tacrolimus and food
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
Joe Berry is now friends with marty wiggins and Willie Potgieter
12 hours ago
David left a comment for David Paul-Jones
13 hours ago
David liked DAP1122 (Don)'s blog post Into The Mystic