Forum Style

Health Insurance plan for 2017 in US

Hello All,

I am working employee with post kidney transplant.  My employer has costly health insurance plans. Do you have idea which are the good health insurance companies / plans for post Kidney Transplant patients ?

Please suggest ,  health insurance company name and plans, they should cover our immunsupression medications, labs and preventive care.

Thanks,

Manoj

You need to be a member of TransplantFriends.com to add comments!

Join TransplantFriends.com

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

I did find that ,  there are two ways to continue insurance as per-existing disease. Obamacare or Employer insurance. I preferred to go by employer insurance. My employer insurance is better with in-network providers and pharmacies. 

• Do insurance companies even have to know about having had a transplant?  Isn't there a law now about pre-existing condition?

• There was a law, a portion of the Affordable Care Act, which is in the process of being  repealed by congress and President Trump.  Time will tell what new proposal is to be enacted to replace it.  Using this provision is looked upon favorably by the new congress.

• Hello Manoj,

Have you asked the Tx center following you here for advice, as it applies to you?  Your Tx coordinator or social workers can offer great advice on which plan best covers you and which covers your medicines.  In addition, your employer may have limited options for you to consider.

• Thank you Kidneyboy,

I will sure contact to my TX center and follow their advice on best plan. Its good idea.

This reply was deleted.

Facebook & instagram

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Latest Activity

Janice posted a discussion
2 minutes ago
Janice replied to Katie Michelle's discussion Where were you when you got the call?
11 minutes ago
David left a comment for Tiffany c George
4 hours ago
David left a comment for Stephanie B. HIll
4 hours ago
David liked DAP1122 (Don)'s blog post Life's Blessings
4 hours ago
DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Tiffany c George and Stephanie B. HIll joined TransplantFriends.com
5 hours ago
Prakrit Silal is now a member of Kidney Transplants