Forum Style

Replies

• 4-years post liver TX.  I take 1mg, twice per day.  My troughs are 5.0.

• I am 15 months post transplant. I hate Prograf because I believe it is causing my diabetes, feet hurting and the shakes, sweating.Do you have any issues with that drug and how long are you expected to take it? 

• I'm 16 yrs post kidney transplant. I'm taking 1.5 mL everyday. There are many small problems such as shaking and skin problems. They come and go away over the times. Pre-diabetes, diabetes, weight gain can be minimized through exercises and controlling of food-portions.

My Tacro level is around 4-5.

Thank God and my hero donor for another day. Everything else is irrelevant.

Good luck and take care.
      • Hello, Theo! I have been on Prograf for the last 3 years and will be for as long as this kidney works and I hope it is for life!. So, far I have not had any issues with it other than colds taking longer to recover from, high sunburn risk and insomnia. Regarding diabetes, I understood that the med is taking a toll on my body so I change a few things on my diet and added exercise 4 to 5 days a week.

keeps making changes to your diet. I believe it plays a big role.

• Hi Leo
        The tac is something you have to take for life. They will adjust it to suit your trough needs.

Tom
  • Hey Andres ,  7 yrs post heart my levels are 5.0  to 5.9

I  take 1.5 mgs  daily

• Congrats on you 7 yrs! 
      That is a lower dose than what I take (2mg twice daily) and a higher level. I guess it also depends on how the body metabolizes it.

Best wishes

• Hi Andreas,

I am 8 months post liver Tx. Last blood work my tac was 9 and they have lowered me to 4 mg twice a day. Down from 5 mg twice a day, my levels are usually in the 6 to 7 range pretty consistently.

Best of Luck

• Thanks, Tom! 

I remember mine was about the same range 8 months post tx but now it's even below the range. worries me for the long run.

• The desired level depends on the doctor and his or her goals for the patient and more than likely what transplant took place. In my case, I had a multivisceral transplant, and my tacrolimus blood levels go between 5-7 without my transplant team being concerned.  Best of wishes to you. 

Warm regards,

Bobbiejo

This reply was deleted.

Transplant Stories

Members Stories

If you would like your stories posted on this page please email transplantbuddies@gmail.com

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need of a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Thank You

Each month, it costs $60.00 to operate TransplantFriends.com We greatly appreciate your support.

Facebook & instagram

Latest Activity

Jonathan Cook left a comment for Jonathan Cook
6 hours ago
Jonathan Cook left a comment for Jonathan Cook
7 hours ago
Nataraj Venugopal, Angel Messmer and Jonathan Cook joined TransplantFriends.com
9 hours ago
Willie Potgieter left a comment for Jimmy Barry Hodges
10 hours ago
Susie Schneider left a comment on Kidney Transplants
17 hours ago
Angel Messmer left a comment on Caregivers Rock!
17 hours ago
DAP1122 (Don) posted a blog post
17 hours ago
Ram Shrama and Festa Nyeme are now friends
yesterday
More…

Lung Transplant Foundation

Contact Us