Forum Style

All Discussions (2362)

Sort by

Length of transplants.....

A quick question, I know there are no time limits on how long a transplant will last but I am curious as to how long people have had their transplants.  I  have been blessed to have had my kidney transplant for 18+ years and I have been wondering…

Read more…
16 Replies · Reply by Barbie Nov 20, 2012

TB Test?

Is a TB test consider a live virus?  My 80yr old mnl may have to get one so I can take her somewhere to go for activities for she has Alzheimer's disease and it will give me respite break too. I looked on the CDC.gov and really couldn't tell. If…

Read more…
0 Replies

Losing hair etc.

I got my new liver on 2/27/12 and then complications. Four surgeries in all.  Now I was back in hospital last week and two weeks prior to that with pneumonia.  I lost so much weight,I look like a very skinny old man. Pre Transplant I had some…

Read more…
28 Replies · Reply by DebbieK Jul 29, 2012

has anyone heard

has anyone heard of the new scientific study that science and reaseacherswant to do? they want to take a persons cells and make the body organ that the patient needs instead of using living or deceased donors.now what if a person had hepc would…

Read more…
11 Replies · Reply by Hostess Rise Jun 30, 2012

a little about myself

Hi my name is Sibel and I was told that I needed a  heart transplant when I was 18 years old and today I'm 20 years old and still have not recieved a heart and I'm not on the list I go to CHOP which is childrens hospital of Phildelphia I've been…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by sibel Apr 22, 2012

Transplant News

Transplant News

Twitter

COTA

Purolator Air Filters

Facebook & instagram

Looking for My Kidney Hero

My dear Friend Susy - a double lung transplant survivor is in need for a Kidney Angel (O positive blood type).  If you can be Susy's Hero- contact her at susygar@aol.com Thank You So Much!

Lung Transplant Foundation

Contact Us